Thursday, November 27, 2008

Work performance and efficiency

I went to the education department at Selayang Mall for transferring my daughter to Rawang, I feel very surprise that their service is so fast and good. The way they handle the document is very much difference from the past. They are good, patient and friendly. The officer Puan Rohannah corrected the mistake for me and just informing me the mistake, and she briefly explain to me on the procedure. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. I am very happy and appreciate it.

Call back the memory at last time, not the olden day just few years back, I remember, it is a nightmare in going to government department especially to JPJ for road tax renewal. A very long queue in front of all counter and waiting for hour to pay the money. Half of a day gone at that office is normal in that time. I really don’t know since when, the government servant had improve in efficiency, may be last year, I am not very sure, because I wanted for my income tax refund for almost half a year, someone told me to go back to the office where I open my file, so I went there with my letter and they told me to go home and wait for the processing procedure. I waited one month and I got my cheque. But I remember, I request for help when I saw a road accident on my way to my office last year, I waited for one hour and no one from the police force or ambulance turn up, the casualty was sent to hospital by someone pass by. From this case, I saw a difference story, not all the government department are improving. Some of them are still behaving the same, they think they are on top of everybody. They use their power to frighten the people. But they never say they are no good. Just recently only, his boss stop the campaign because his subordinate didn’t inform him before the operation. So this is from the discipline body. This is the way they have. But the blame is we are no good, we don’t follow the procedure.

In fact, we should learn to improve our productivity and efficiency, not only in private sector but to all. Learn from others, benchmark our competitors, benchmark others departments. We should open our mind and accept new ideas and complaints. I am not worry of others people complaint, I learn from the complaint and I learn from the crisis. I like challenge because I can learn a lot and create new ideas from the crisis. Crisis is a chance to the creative person, but crisis is the end of the world to those non creative and non aggressive.

Challenge ourselves to a higher peak. Put our aim higher to achieve higher. This is what I always remember and remind myself. I was a diploma holder and now I am a PhD holder, as well as Certified trainer under PSMB, the seminars that I am providing are fully claimable under SBL scheme under HRDF fund. I never give up even thought so many times I fall down but I get up myself and move forward.

No comments: